Friday, October 31, 2014

Skateboard-golf?

Do you like to surf? How about snowboard? Or skateboard? Well, one exuberant start-up is bringing skateboarding to the golf course. Literally. Instead of commuting to your next shot sitting down in a cart next to your playing mate, imagine mounting an over-sized skateboard and traveling standing up, leaning in to the turns as you would on a skate board, snowboard, or surfboard. Sounds kinda fun, right? It certainly does to me!

Golfboard is a new product developed by surfing nut Laird Hamilton and Bally Total Fitness founder Don Wildman. And the company has recently raised 1 million dollars to increase production for a list of backlogged customers in the golf market. Could it be a hit? I don't know, but I think it sounds cool. I like to surf. I like to snowboard. And I like to golf. Three-in-one? Boo yeah! To see the Golfboard in action, check out http://www.bizjournals.com/portland/blog/threads_and_laces/2014/10/bend-company-golfboard-raises-1-million.html

Will it bring more people out to the course? I don't know, but either way I'm a fan of the initiative. Regardless of how it's received in the golf community, it's an innovative product that could reduce turf stress, bring out new golfers, and add a twist of enjoyment to the round. Sounds like win-win -- I'm in. What are your thoughts? Comment below or tweet using #Golfboard.


No comments:

Post a Comment